Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Just A Quick Question

I think I have posted more times this week then I have in the last month! I have a quick question for y'all. I would really like to raise a golden after Eagle goes back, but I am not really sure what to do. I know that you should get on the list quickly if you want any chance of getting one, but I am not sure how to go about it. You guys have any ideas? What is the likelihood of getting a golden? I would greatly appreciate any input!!!

****Update*****
I knew that it would be SUPER hard to get a golden, but I met someone just a few months ago that waited only 5 months. So that was the inspiration for the question. And yes, I have definitely considered getting a golden/lab cross as well! :)

~Taelor and Eagle~

5 comments:

Elizabeth and Peyton said...

Talk to your leader/CFR. It is really, really hard to get a Golden, though! A family in my club waited about two years for one, and that was their 16th dog! However, it's a good idea to tell your CFR or leader that that's what you're interested in. Something might fall through and you might be able to get one. GDB has really decreased the amount of Golden litters. :(

Emily said...

I put my application for a Golden in last April, and will be lucky to get one when Suede goes back in about August. I don't think you could get one as your second pup, but maybe your third!

Kelsey, Keno, Mallory, and Chappelle said...

I to put in my application for a golden when we found out about Chappelle and Cordova's recall last April. So, I guess I've had one in for about a year. MAYBE we will get goldens when Spike and Suede go back, but that's very unlikely. I'm just hoping for at least a cross! I would say talk to you leader, and you could also consider a cross instead, they're much easier to get, and half golden! ;)

Brittany said...

Good luck getting a golden any time soon. I fear they are going to eventually get rid of all pure goldens just like they did the shephards. But if you want one, be prepared to maybe transfer a puppy if one is offered to you.

Anna said...

Funny because we just had a family who got a golden last-minute. One of the "L" girls. They're great dogs, but I like the crosses a lot better. They're not so goofy from what I've seen. I know (at one point) Guide Dog's policy was you can't get a golden until you've raised 2 other dogs.