Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Lobby Days, Long Car Rides, and Plenty of Naps...

I know I say this every time, but Eagle and I have had a busy week! On Wednesday, Eagle and I went with a few friends to a Lobby Day at the capitol. We spent the time between 9:00 and 11:00 hearing lectures and learning about how different laws are made, some of the current laws that are in the senate, and a little bit about the laws we would be lobbying. We even heard a few assemblymen speak! Of course, Eagle slept almost the entire time. After a short lunch, we then spent another hour and a half talking specifically about the bills we would be lobbying. We then walked from the Secretary of State building (where the meeting was held) to the capitol, where we rode the elevator to the second floor. We walked from room to room, talking to the legislative aids, and even a couple of past Guide Dog raisers that are currently working in the government! Everyone loved Eagle, and thought that he was just the cutest thing. He was a great icebreaker when it came to talking about the different bills!

This weekend, my entire family drove almost 6 hours to Grants Pass, Oregon. We drove up on Saturday, arriving at our cousin's house at around 12:30, just in time for my cousin's Eagle scout ceremony at 1:00. Eagle again slept through the entire thing (pretty amazing considering that he slept most of the drive there!). we then went back to their house, and visited with our family, before going to see the same cousin's school play. Eagle slept through this as well. I was really very proud of my boy. that night, Eagle and I slept on the floor of my cousin's house. Unfortunately, they didn't have anything at all that I could hook the tie-down on, so I had to loop his leather leash around the leg of a (very sturdy) computer chair! We laid out his blanket, and he slept soundly the entire night! He has never slept anywhere exept for his kennel, so I was very excited for him! the next morning, we drove all of the way back to Sacramento, and Eagle didn't even put up a fuss!

Here are some pictures from the trip:


Eagle, still loking tired after the ceremony




This was the first time that Eagle had ever seen snow!!!



I had the cutest picture of the Eagle scout with Eagle, but I can't put faces on the blog. Too bad...



Here are a few of Eliza while we had her




One of the few days the girl decided to be cuddly!



On the scales at the veterinarian's office. She weighed 12 pounds less than Eagle!!


And here are just a couple of relatively random pictures of Eagle.




Just me having fun with one of Eagle's baby pictures!

~Taelor and Eagle~

1 comments:

Lisa and pups said...

Sounds like you had a VERY busy week. Love all the pictures!