Thursday, June 11, 2009

So Pilaf and I went to the GDB campus today...

... And I came back puppy-less. D=

No, my 8 month old puppy is not recalled, but she will be having a stay at the kennels.

My Pilafer is sick. I can't really go into detail, but she has had blood tests, a urinalysis, etc, and they still can't figure out what the heck is wrong with her, so the vets at GDB are looking at her. My CFR said not to be surprised if she is CC'ed for this. We just don't know at this point what is wrong. Whatever it is didn't really come on suddenly, and we think it has been growing, unbeknownst to everyone, for a while. It could be just a urinary tract infection, or it could be something as severe as diabetes. We are all just hoping and praying for good news.

7 comments:

Lisa and pups said...

Fingers crossed for a simple solution and she doesn't have to get CC'd.

Coreena said...

Oh my goodness! I know how scary medical tests are and I'm sending you happy thoughts and hugs! Eva is sending tails wags and puppy kisses to you and Pilaf at the kennel!

Hobbes Dogs said...

We'll keep our fingers and paws crossed that Pilaf is healthy soon!

Brittany said...

Oh, I hope Pilaf is ok! Fingers and paws are crossed here too!

Elizabeth and Peyton said...

I really hope everything is okay with the little girl! Here's to hoping she can stay a PIT for a long time.

Kelsey, Keno, Mallory, and Chappelle said...

I really know how you're feeling Taelor! And it's hard. Hold out hope though, we really didn't think Burgess would come home as a puppy in training, but he did! And now it seems that he's well on his way to becoming a guide. I really hope it works out that way for you and Pilaf to! Good luck kisses from Tahoe.

Infrequent Flyers said...

I'm so sorry to hear that Pilaf is sick. It seems to be going around that a lot of puppies are having health problems. I hope they can figure it out soon. Keep us posted!