Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Franky-Doodle is a D4D!

So... I have been in contact with Cheryl, the head trainer at D4D, for the last few months. During that time, I have heard a lot about Franklin. At their birthday party, I simply went by "Franklin's puppy raiser", because everyone knew who Franklin was. All day I heard, "oh, we love Franklin". It was exciting to hear, even though I wasn't able to see him because his foster family wasn't able to attend the party. I was pretty disappointed, especially because there were other puppy raisers there that got to spend time with their dogs, but I was instantly drawn to another dog that I could tell had a Franklin-like personality, AKA- he was very relaxed. He was huge, and almost white in color. At first I thought it was blogging friend Burgess, but I knew that he was still in training at GDB. I then learned that the big boy was Bradley, previously known as Bracken, Burgess' brother. So I got to work with him the whole day, and it was really comforting just to cuddle with him.


I also got the news that Franklin had been ready to be matched with a diabetic person a few months before, and had caught on to the scent very quickly, but the trainers couldn't bear to give him up! But they said that he would be going into a class that started on November 2nd, and that they would be emailing me around the middle of November to let me know how he was doing. So, a couple of days ago, I got an email from Cheryl saying that Franklin had successfully completed training with his new partner and would probably graduate on February 10th. Yay for my baby boy!!!
Also, because Cheryl fostered him for a good portion of his time in training, she got some pictures of him. One of which, she showed me, is the desktop background on her computer. She is just one of the many that fell in love with my Franky! Here are the pictures she sent me.
My Franklin boy laying with his head between his front legs looking at the camera
A close up of Franky's face while he is sleeping
Another close up. His head is lying between his front legs, and he is looking upward. You can really see his droopy eyes.
My favorite picture, the one that Cheryl had as her background. Franklin laying down with his head between his legs. It is a 3/4 view of his face, again with his droopy eyes looking up. He is also wearing his D4D vest. Boy does he look good in blue!

For those of you with screen-readers, I hope this works! Please let me know.

8 comments:

Hannah and Hayden said...

Thats so exciting. Yay for are puppies graduating on February 10. Congrats!

Ally and Eclipse said...

That is awesome news! I'm happy Franklin is so well-loved by so many including his new partner, the D4D staff and mostly, you. I always was intriqued by him. My husband's father's name was Franklin, as is his brother's. I'm not a fan of the name but hope to incorporate it into the name of a child if we ever have one, just due to the signifigance of it. I'm sure the name Franklin always carries a special place in your heart now. Thank you for sharing your special boy and your comment on my blog. It meant a great deal to me.

Infrequent Flyers said...

Hooray! Congratulations, Franklin! I love the photos--he even looks super lovable!

Brandon - The dog with a blog said...

Congrats Franklin!

Bethany, Dahlia, Julia, and GEB Lucky said...

Yay for Franklin! That's great he still will get to work :)

Bethany, Dahlia, Julia, and GEB Lucky said...

Hi Taelor,
my name is bethany and i am a teen raiser too. I raise for Guiding Eyes for the Blind in NY. Anyway, I am raising my 2nd puppy and I am thinking about overlapping for about 9 months with my current and 3rd puppies. I was wondering if you could tell me what it is like to overlap for a long period of time. Is it way harder? If you want to e-mail me that would be great. If you want to just reply to this comment and I can send you my e-mail address (do you know if I can do it someway so that no one else, but you can see my address). Thanks so much!

~Bethany and GEB Dahlia

Taelor, Pilaf, and Cartier said...

Hi Bethany! Sorry I took so long to reply, I was out of town. =) If you would like to email me, you can just send me an email at t.michehl@att.net. I will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have. Thanks for reading and commenting! =D

Maddie, Betsy, Jorinda, and Petuina said...

Hey Taelor! You should give us an update on Pilaf and Cartier. :)