Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Goodbye...

Sunday I had to say goodbye to one of my best friends. Let's just say that it wasn't easy.


I had a debate tounament in San Jose Friday and Saturday, as well as the weekend before, so I felt a little ripped off. I wanted to spend as much time as possible with him. Now I realize that being away probably helped me let him go.
I got home from the tournament at 2:00 Sunday morning, and at 8:00, I woke up and got ready to go. I decided at the last minute that I wanted to bring Pilaf with me, because I figured I would need something to cuddle with on the way home. =]

Needless to say, it was a tense road trip. It was my older sister, my parents, and me in the car the whole way down, dreading the time that we'de get their. Finally we pulled into the parking lot at about 12:45. By this time, I kind of just wanted to get it over with. We made our way across the campus, taking pictures about every other step. we were walking one of the many paths when we ran into a man who was in class with his second guide, Amazon. When he learned that we were pppy raisers, and bringing a dog back, he almost cried telling us how much he appreciated everything we do. It definitely brought the hole experience full circle for my whole family.

We then made our way to the kennel itself, stopping to "awww" at the puppies, of course. As the kennel was still on lunch break, we were just about the only ones there. One sweet lady (I can't remember her name) decided that she would just check us in, even though we were a little bit early. She could not say enough about how amazing Franklin was behaving, and so calm he was. She told us several times that if he became a stud dog, he would be living at he house like a spoiled rotten pet. =] That made us pretty happy!

We then put him in his kennel, and said our last goodbyes. It was really hard, and I won't lie, I cried buckets. We are all praying that he won't have any medical issues.

And so ends another era in my life...

On another note, our club's 2 yellow boys went back for training this weekend (Franklin and Fury, no, they are not related), and 2 new yellow puppies were picked up. a yellow female named Ingabore (crazy, I know, we are going to call her Inga), and a yellow boy named Robbie. If they were not different genders, you wouldn't be able to tell them apart! They are both very tiny, and have really short noses. We were all excited about the chance to have more pups in the club! That brings us to a grand total of 12 pups in our group, plus a few families that should be getting puppies soon!!!

4 comments:

Kelsey, Keno, Mallory, and Chappelle said...

Good luck to Franklin in training! :) Congratulations on raising such a handsome boy!

Emily said...

What a handsome guy!! Good luck to him and training, and congrats to both of you!! Can't wait to see how he does :)

Elizabeth and Peyton said...

That's so sweet that you got to talk to a man with a guide. It really puts everything into perspective. Good luck to Franklin. I know he'll do great! :D

Carrie and Waffle said...

good luck Franklin, study hard! don't stay out too late and be nice to your room mate.