Friday, May 29, 2009

Mixed Emotions

So, today is a happy and a sad one for me. My first little baby hit the milestone of 2 years today.

Eagle was the pup that really started my passion for GDB. It is hard to imagine that I have only been puppy raising for the last 2 years, and not my whole life. =] Eagle wasn't quite meant to be a guide, as his knees just weren't cut out for it. Ironically, so far both of the dogs I have finished raising had knee problems, and I too have bad knees. Anyway, I hope that wherever Eagle is now, his owners are showering him with lots of love for his birthday. =)

And that is where the slightly unhappy feelings come in. See, I have no idea about how Eagle is doing, what his owners are like, or anything. I gave them all of our information, but we haven't heard anything from then. Do you know if there is anything I can do to hear about my pup? I just hate not knowing anything... :/

2 comments:

Elizabeth and Peyton said...

Did you send a letter to GDB to forward to his people? Maybe try again. Sometimes the owners just don't care about the raisers, which is really hard. I mean, we spent a year with the dog and we were the ones who shaped them into who they are today! One raiser in my club found info about her CC'd dog from Google, so you might want to try that.

Brittany said...

Sadly that is what we have signed up for as raisers. Its the luck of the draw when our beloved puppies go to new homes.

I don't ever hear from my graduates partner....unless I write a letter first, but then I feel like I am begging to keep in touch.

Hopefully you hear from them soon. I agree with Elizabeth, you should send another letter for GDB to forward to his people.