Tuesday, May 26, 2009


So, I first want to say thank you to everyone's comments on my last post. Thank you SO much. They made me feel a lot better. =]

Secondly, I want to apologise a little for my last post. I guess it was a little bit of a rant, and a vent of emotions, because I posted just after hearing the news. Sorry if I came off a little (or a lot) strong.

So, since last week, we haven't heard anything "official" about Franklin. I see this as good news, because that means that they are still considering doing something with him. He would be the best Canine Buddy, because he absolutely adores children, but I also think he would be an amaing autism service dog for CCI. I also just talked to Cheryl (sp?), basically the co-owner of D4D, and she said that if GDB hasn't placed him anywhere else, than she will pick him up next week. But if none of these work out for him, then we have a friend of a friend who has been looking for a therapy dog to take to the hospital where she works, so Franklin will be working no matter what he does. I am really excited for his future.

Pilaf is doing very well. She is most definitely a female, complete with spazzy-ness, and is a steriotypical golden (Obsesses over water, and truly believes that every single person was put on this earth to pet her). I just love how different she is from my last two pups, but I have to say, I think I prefer my big yellow boys. I don't know though, I guess I'll just have to see. =P

4 comments:

Elizabeth and Peyton said...

Pilaf sounds like a sweetie. And I'm excited to hear about Frankie's new job! Even though he wasn't meant to be a guide, he will end up helping people in need. I've been kind of ticked off at GDB's dog placement department lately, but I won't get into that... :)

Tabatha said...

No need to apologize...you reacted as any of us would. I am glad to hear that Frankie will still be getting a good job!! My name is Tabatha by the way and I am raising Elly for Joys of Living Assistance Dogs.

Megan and Orleans said...

I give heartguard every month but in Utah we don't have fleas so we don't have to give flea preventative stuff. We only have to give it if we are going somewhere with fleas, like California. So, I have not done it all that often. . . hope that answers your question. :D

Megan and Orleans said...

Oh, and you should TOTALLY come to the D4D grad. I would love to meet you. :D