Friday, July 24, 2009

News!!! =D

The last few weeks have been pretty average in the guide dog world. Pilaf is doing amazing, we went to 4 movies in the theatre this month, and she was perfect in every one. Didn't eat anything off the ground once! She turned 9 months old on the 22nd, and is continuing to mature Although I do believe that she is one of those dogs that will be a puppy at heart for the rest of her life. =]

Okay, so now on to the real news that I am dying to announce to you all. On August 17th, a new individual will be gracing my life...






He is 10 weeks old...







Flying in from another school somewhere internationally (don't know where yet)...







And this ball of fluff will be landing straight in my arms for the next year and a half. =D


Yes, the day I have been waiting for has finally come. I am going to be raising a Golden Retriever!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This 10 week old little bundle of joy was donated to GDB from some other guide dog school in another country (vague, no? I thought so), and I will be picking him up the week of August 17th. And as of right now, that is all I know. I am just so excited!

When I get the pup, Pilaf will be almost 10 months old. A little younger than I was planning on overlapping (I was going to get a puppy in late September or October), but I do not foresee any issues. Needless to say, I have been screaming inside since my leader told me yesterday afternoon. Here comes puppy number four!

I will update when I know more. =]

6 comments:

Emily and the Labradors said...

That's exciting! I can't wait to meet the little ball of fluff!

And I just noticed that Eagle is now living in Morgan Hill... I used to live there for about 6 years and went to high school there. I think it would be a great place to be a pet dog ;)

Ally and Eclipse said...

Congrats on getting your dream of raising a Golden! I hope your little man is a GOOD representative of the breed! Very exciting!

Elizabeth and Peyton said...

I'm so glad you get to raise a Golden! That will be lots of fun. Can't wait to meet him!!

Infrequent Flyers said...

How exciting! You're making a slow transition from lab to golden retriever, with Pilaf being the half & half link! You will have your hands full, but what a great adventure! I can't wait to hear how the pups interact.

Sarah and Romeo said...

Oh wow! Give me a million regualar adult dogs to train, but two puppies and puppies in training at that?! I commend you! Congrats on the Golden though, Is he the only one donated or is there a whole Golden litter?

Sarah and the Pack. said...

Congrats! I really want to raise a golden pup someday. My leader just got a donated pup this month from a school in New Zealand! Have fun overlapping, Millie was 8 months when Paris came, and it has been fun but LOTS of work with doing walks (I dont have a yard!).

Any idea on where he is coming from?